Owner and Teacher at Charleyoga – Charley Hickey C-IAYT
I enjoy sharing yoga with others so much that I feel guilty calling it work! With a wonderful husband and two beautiful boys to share my days, life really isn’t so bad. I’m very blessed to have such a good work/life balance.
My yoga journey began at the tender age of 11. I was suffering from insomnia and unhappy that no practical help was available. Over the years I practiced breathing and meditation techniques that allowed me to manage my insomnia. From that point on yoga became a part of my life. The physical side came later for me which is a backwards journey compared to the common route. Most students usually begin for the physical benefits. This often then leads to an interest in meditation and breath work.
A few years after I moved to Perth, a friend asked me why I wasn’t a yoga teacher. It was a “lightbulb” moment for me. How could I have not seen this before?! I have been teaching yoga in Perth since 2003 and haven’t looked back.
Yoga Therapy with Charley Hickey
As a certified yoga therapist, I am able to assist students holistically with an individually tailored approach to wellness. This is provided in a one on one therapeutic setting in addition to our group classes. Read more about Yoga Therapy HERE>>
All yoga teachers taking classes at Charleyoga are certified, professional individuals. I can confidently assure you that you are in good hands. Feel free to get in touch as I am happy to personally have a chat with you over the phone about any concerns you may have about starting yoga.
- Postgraduate Certificate Yoga Therapy (360 hrs)
- Yoga Teaching Certificate (400 hrs)
- Yoga Philosophy (Oxford University, Centre For Hindu Studies)
- Certificate III Fitness
- Self Myofascial Release Certificate
- Pilates Floor Work Certificate
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate (University of Melbourne)
- Full Member Australian Association of Yoga Therapists
- Certified Registered Yoga Therapist International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Senior Member Yoga Australia & Committee Member 2012 – 2016
- Current First Aid & CPR